Budgeting with Different Currencies

Holly Brazzle

15 Aug, 2017 11:00 AM

Hello! I have three accounts: two Euro and one USD. I want to create budget for each individual account, in their respective currency. While I can create a budget dealing with USD, the overhead income and expenses is shown in Euro. I want to know how I can fix this. Also, is there a way to produce reports for each individual account, in the appropriate currency?

Thank you,
Holly B.

1. 1 Posted by Henry on 15 Aug, 2017 12:13 PM

Hi Holly,

Thank you for contacting us.
    One option would be creating categories specific to EUR and USD.
    Once those are created you can create 3 'Mixed Interval' Budgets, one for each account and select those categories.

More on 'Mixed Interval' budgets here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Holly Brazzle on 15 Aug, 2017 12:29 PM

Hi Henry! Thank you for the help—it did what I was looking for. The only issue remaining is that my USD account still shows the reports in Euro. What do I need to do?

Holly

3. 3 Posted by Henry on 15 Aug, 2017 01:28 PM

I believe that that is due to the base currency as income and expense accounts have a currency just like a bank account has a currency. The amounts shown for transactions in the income and expense reports are showing in the currency of the income or expense account used. Where as the totals for the report are converted into the base currency.

You can change that by selecting the Report in the side bar and navigating to Tools > Currencies and set the base currency for the report in USD.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 14 Nov, 2017 01:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac