issues with updating budget

lauer.jake

12 Dec, 2017 12:50 PM

I have been using Moneydance for several years. One of the issues I have is that the Budget report frequently does not accurately reflect what is spent on each category that month. If I actually go into the Budget window (the view where you can edit the budget), the correct amounts appear there. For some reason, it does not seem to be transferring that same information over into the Budget report. Is there something I am missing? I have it selected to include items with a zero budgeted amount, and also to include categories not defined in the budget.

Secondly, is there ever going to be a more comprehensive app for moneydance? The app is disappointingly basic. A major reason I, and I would guess many other people use a financial software, is for budgeting. There is no budget feature on the app which renders it far less helpful than it could be.

1. 1 Posted by Martin on 16 Dec, 2017 01:40 PM

I have noticed the same issue with the budgetting report that it will fail to include certain non budgeted categories even when asked to do so.

I actually have two budgets with the exact same yearly figures one set up in the old format so can choose internal for the budget and one in new format monthly. It funny that when I run the report they show different totals as the old format is actually included the transcations the new format is leaving off.

I have done a little testing and if you put a budget it instantly shows up as expected. But if you put the budget to the parent category it will show it up there rather than the actual sub category.

I would call this a major problem with the budgetting report as it means you can't count on the report being correct and means you have to use the budget manager to tell what your budget is like.

2. 2 Posted by Max Spivak on 10 Jan, 2018 10:14 AM

I have to +1 that I would like a more comprehensive mobile app for Moneydance. Showing budget would be a very useful feature - as that is what's relevant for me - how am I tracking to my plan.

3. 3 Posted by Don on 31 Mar, 2018 04:39 AM

The actual figures in the Budget report are inaccurate. The actual totals for several categories are not the same as reported in the Cash Flow report nor the Income and expenses report. These last two reports have the same, correct figures.

4. System closed this discussion on 30 Jun, 2018 04:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac