Customizing dates on a budget

Rob

31 Mar, 2018 02:29 PM

I have a unique way of running my budget. I pay for ALL expenses using a credit card. The credit card bill is based on the closing dates on the statement. Inconveniently they don't have a credit card that has statement dates from the 1st to the 31st every month. My dates are from the 13th and every 30 days from that. I am looking for a software that can set up a budget with customized dates. Quicken doesn't do it that I know of nor anything else that I have tried. I read in an article somewhere that MoneyDance can do what i am looking for. Is this true? For example, for next month I would have to set my budget to start April 13th and end May 12th.

1. 1 Posted by Pete Landers on 31 Mar, 2018 03:05 PM

You can create a custom budget by selecting the "budget" pull down in the area above the Summary. Select Budget Manager and start picking "options".
    You will have to create a budget and customize it. If you make a mistake, you can edit it or just delete it and try again.
    Sorry I can't be more specific - it's a trial and error thing, but not difficult when you "drill down" into the feature.
    Note: I run my budget from 15th of the month to the next month.

Good luck!

Pete

2. 2 Posted by Rob Bendick on 31 Mar, 2018 09:43 PM

So the answer is yes. Am I correct to believe that? It’s just a matter of me figuring it out.

Rob

3. 3 Posted by Pete Landers on 03 Apr, 2018 12:01 PM

Rob,

Sorry for the delayed reply.
    Yes, you can. I had to do it by trial and error until I got it setup to meet my needs. There are some articles in the Archive (search for subject "Budget" that may also give you some hints.

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/budgeting-2/the-mixed-interval-budget-format

I am not a member of support staff.

Regards,
    Pete

4. 4 Posted by kimberguy100 on 03 Apr, 2018 04:09 PM

Ok thanks. Do you have a trial period before I purchase?

Sent from my iPhone

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 03 Apr, 2018 09:18 PM

I'm a fellow customer.

If you download the software you can just use it in trial mode, it is not time limited, the only limit is 100 manually entered transactions, if you decide to purchase the license key unlocks the limit.

6. System closed this discussion on 03 Jul, 2018 09:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac