salary from previous month in current month budget

bidavies

25 Jul, 2018 04:36 PM

Hi,

I get paid on the 29th of each month. I budget from the 1st of each month to the end of the month. Is there a way of including my salary from the previous month in the current month budget. At the moment the budget summary bars don't function correctly since the income is note included until the end of the month.

I'm using a mixed interval budget. I've tried setting the salary budget item start date to 29/01/2018 and the end date to 28/01/2019 with a monthly interval. The other items have start date: 1/01/2018 and end date 31/12/2018. This does not appear to work when the budget bars are set to display 'this month'.

Does anyone know how this could be done?

Regards,

Ben

1. 1 Posted by quotient on 25 Jul, 2018 04:45 PM

I'm just a user, not support.

I too get paid toward the end of the month. I think of this money as applying only and solely to the next month. I just change the date for that deposit in the register from, say, July 29 to August 1. I don't do formal budgeting, so I don't know if that simplistic answer would work for you. It does not cause problem for reconciling if you don't check "As of:" on the "Reconcile Account" window.

2. System closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2018 04:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac