Budget

Laurence

16 Nov, 2019 06:59 PM

How do you set the budget so that it carries over to subsequent months.

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 16 Nov, 2019 07:52 PM

just a user,
    You have to use the Mixed Interval (Old Style) format (select on Period drop down)
    The default new style only allows you to copy the previous month.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 18 Nov, 2019 11:41 AM

Hi Laurence,

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers.
    To add to this useful information, it worth mentioning that there are two types of budget available within Moneydance, and you can read about them both in this section of the knowledge base.

Go to Tools —> Budget Manager, and select ‘New’. You can then enter the budget name and select the ‘period’.
    Selecting either Weekly, Biweekly, Monthly or Annually will create budget using this time period, and the 'Newer' budget format.
    Selecting Mixed Interval will create an older style budget, which can have categories with different time intervals.

I would recommend using the 'Mixed Interval' format. Using the budget type, you can amend the start and end date for each budget item, and they're not set as the specific month/year etc.

Finally, if you navigate to Extensions-->Manage Extensions within Moneydance, you can install MoneyPie which provides an envelope budgeting interface built atop Moneydance's budgeting system. MoneyPie highlights how your actual spending compares to your budget, so you can dynamically adjust and balance your budget.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac