Summary budget bar doesn't support year to date

Marlene Pitman

13 Jan, 2020 09:44 PM

The summary budget bar at the top of the screen doesn't provide a year to date option, which would be extremely useful. In previous releases I have been able to 'fudge' this by using the 'last 365' days option, which somehow gave a proxy year to date presentation. It took notice of the actual date ranges on the budget setup and somehow presented a meaningful result. However, since upgrading from Moneydance 2017 to 2019.3 recently, that fudge is no longer working the way I have seen it previously.

So it is time to request a proper year to date option. It would also be helpful if the bar followed the same colour rules as the category based budget summaries, ie red, yellow, green in relation to year to date progress.

An overall summary of whether spending against budget overall is about right, below or above budget, based on proportioning over the year, is a really useful quick guide and something that would be very useful in the product.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 24 Jan, 2020 11:06 AM

Hi Marlene,

Thanks for the suggestion for improving Moneydance! I've filed a ticket in our ticketing system with your suggestion, so the developers will be looking into it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Marlene Pitman on 26 Jan, 2020 02:43 AM

Thanks Maddy.

As an extra thought, I don't think the colours on the summary budget bar work the same way as the individual budget bars. I know they are customisable there with default red, yellow, green settings but that option isn't available for the summary bar. It's always red even if ahead of budget. To make this consistent would be excellent.

Regards,

Marlene

3. System closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2020 02:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac