Moneydance 2019 Screen size scaling

Tom

09 Jul, 2020 12:46 PM

Hi there,

is there any way to screen size scaling in MD 2019 ? I'm using it on two different devices whit different screen resolutions however the the two lets call it "masterfiles" are stored seperatly. On the smaller screen I always see scrollbars and it looks like the setting from the other device.

any idea is appreciated

Thx Tom

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 09 Jul, 2020 09:35 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Even when syncing, user preferences like font size, theme, extensions loaded, window positions, screen layout etc are not copied between machines and are thus independent. When you install Moneydance it has default settings and these are not based on screen resolution.

I have different machines with vastly different screen sizes and resolutions. I have set up a small Netbook to use a completely different sized font (Menu: File --> Preferences on General Tab) and have also set up the summary page different on the device to only have the side bar and one column (Menu: File Preferences on the Summary Page Tab)

So it is necessary to set up the screen preferences for each machine. Different themes may also work better on specific systems.

2. 2 Posted by Tom Serger on 10 Jul, 2020 05:25 AM

Dear dwg thx for the heads up…gonna do it like this…thx Tom

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2020 09:47 AM.

4. Tom Serger re-opened this discussion on 12 Jul, 2020 02:56 PM

5. 3 Posted by Tom Serger on 12 Jul, 2020 02:56 PM

Thanks DWG…four the issue…the “stock glance extension” is not scaling….

6. 4 Posted by dwg on 12 Jul, 2020 09:12 PM

Some Summary page widgets are fixed size, if I recall correctly Stock Glance is a user created widget.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac