Cannot find my Account Data

kpmike

11 Jul, 2020 01:05 PM

When I logged onto the app, it acts as if I am a new user. Cannot locate my account data.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 Jul, 2020 02:07 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi kpmike

For support or others to help you need to provide more information.
    What version and build of Moneydance are you running? See under HELP – ABOUT MONEYDANCE. E.g. 2020(1915)
    What is your computer operating system?
    Did you purchase direct or thought a third-party?
    If needed do you know your key?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 11 Jul, 2020 02:22 PM

In addition to the above information, it sounds like you may have either opened up a different data file, or potentially moved your data file and Moneydance can't find it.

If you go to File -> Open from the menu bar, do you see other data files listed, and is one of them your data file?

If you recently moved your data file, you will have to tell the program where you moved it to. You can use the open other option from the Moneydance welcome screen or the menu bar (File -> Open -> Open Other) to select your yourfilename.moneydance data set.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by kpmike on 24 Jul, 2020 12:43 PM

Ethan

It was that the data had moved. Did a norton sweep and it took it out as duplicate data. Luckily I had not emptied the trash.

I would tell folks to be careful with the Norton sweep and maybe lock the file so that it requires another step to access.

Thanks for the help from both you and Derek.

KPMike

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ethan on 24 Jul, 2020 12:59 PM

I'm glad to hear things have been sorted out! I'm not quite sure I understand why Norton would try to delete your data like that, or 'duplicate' data in general. In all honesty I wouldn't use a program that would automatically delete my critical data without my consent or knowledge, but maybe I don't understand what the program does.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac