category problems

dennis nielsen

28 Jul, 2020 04:18 PM

why do i keep loosing my categories assigned to a transaction
I have gone back twice now and re entered the categories to the transactions only to find they are again missing--------------
this wouldn't be too bad except it is from the first of the year and is getting tiresome.I did an export back up and still no categories were saved--- what am i doing wrong

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 28 Jul, 2020 09:09 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I would suggest you start by posting your error log, that may give some insight into the problem.

If you're using Mac OS, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

or:

~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder you can open Finder and hold down the option key while selecting the Go menu and the Library folder option should occur or you can open Finder and select Go -> Go to Folder and copy and paste in the following:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

If you're using Windows, it should be located under your login directory at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

or

C:\Documents and Settings\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

Depending on your version of Windows

If you're using Linux it should be located in your home folder at:
    ~/.moneydance/errlog.txt

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac