Payee's

Kent Sheets

29 Oct, 2020 04:40 PM

I have a bunch of duplicate payees that appear in the description field of the register , Is there a way to get rid of these"

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 29 Oct, 2020 04:55 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

Hmm, this has been asked before… Unless something has changed, I’m not sure there is… Perhaps someone else will jump in if I’m wrong here… I could perhaps look to create a script to do this sometime.

Stuart
    (A fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Oct, 2020 05:05 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Kent

If the duplicates descriptions are not exactly the same try the extension Find and Replace.
    In the extension in the Find section use Free Text box.

Hope this helps

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 29 Oct, 2020 06:44 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

I just looked at the code… It appears that MD does not actually store / memorise transactions. When you enter a new transaction, it dynamically looks up existing transactions and presents a best fit match based on history. Thus if you have a ‘memorised’ payee that you are not happy with, then find the old txn(s) in previous transactions and using the find and replace extension (as suggested) to change the old payees to the new name will work… If that makes sense?

4. 4 Posted by Kent S on 30 Oct, 2020 02:58 PM

Got It , Thank you working well

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac