Editing items in dropdown list under "Check #".

nostampneeded

12 Nov, 2020 01:20 AM

How to edit and delete an item in the dropdown list under Check #. I've tried to choose "edit "in the dropdown list, but only a few items are displayed and none of them are the item I desire to delete, which is
"ee"...

I'm not sure how the item even wound up in the list in the first place. I have created some items in the dropdown list, but not that one.

It's a bit frustrating as I can usually get things figured out on my own.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 Nov, 2020 01:29 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The "ee" is most likely being picked up from a relatively recent transaction. The list not only picks up pre-defined values but by default entries from recently entered transactions. I put together a quick guide on how this list now works

2. 2 Posted by nostampneeded on 12 Nov, 2020 01:49 AM

Thank you dwg. Helpful information. I still couldn't find the item to delete so I did an Advance Search and entered the item in the check search area and found an entry a year ago. I then edited that entry by replacing ee with EFT (which is what it was supposed to be) and that did the trick. "ee" no longer shows up in the dropdown.

Your information gave me another way to look at the issue. Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 12 Nov, 2020 01:53 AM

Your welcome.

Thanks for the feedback, I will extend the note and expand on the usage of recent entries.

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 12 Nov, 2020 06:01 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

I seem to recall that there might be a new edit option in tools/accounts/select account? Take a peek. I’m not 100% on this and I’m sure someone will jump in if wrong.

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 12 Nov, 2020 12:00 PM.

6. dwg re-opened this discussion on 12 Nov, 2020 07:50 PM

7. 5 Posted by dwg on 12 Nov, 2020 07:50 PM

Stuart,

That is another path you can take to getting the the overall options for an account, it is the same as having the account register open and choosing the menu option Account --> Edit Account.

With many of the options there are multiple ways of getting to the same end point.

8. 6 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 12 Nov, 2020 07:54 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

9. Melissa closed this discussion on 25 Jan, 2021 02:11 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac