2021 Build for Moneydance on Mac App Store?

Ross

20 Nov, 2020 07:09 PM

Is the new 2021.1 build for Moneydance on the Mac App Store yet? Will it be?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Nov, 2020 07:23 PM

I am not support staff, just a user
    Hi Ross

if its not to late the following may be usefull.

If you purchase direct from this site the next major version is free and after that you get a 50% discount from then on.

As far a I know if you purchase from Apple store you pay full price for each major version.

New builds within a major release come out first on this site, there is always a delay getting to Apple store.

This site also allows you to update using preview builds with can fix bugs faster than waiting for a build release and Apple don’t support preview builds.

The Apple version also includes some restrictions.

No contest, purchase direct.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 20 Nov, 2020 08:06 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I can only offer an opinion.

The current preview - Build 2008 - addresses one issue on the Mac platform through including an updated build of Java. There is still an issue around usage on Big Sur that requires a workaround at this point in time.

Then there is the issue around Schwab downloads, which I expect to be one of the top issues being addressed at his point in time.

Normally I would not expect their to be a new version of Moneydance posted to the App Store until there is a solution for both Mac issues, which to me rules out build 2008, but in this case I feel there may not be an update until there is some form of solution for the Schwab issue as well.

Like Derek I do not feel that the App store version is the way to go. I think the Direct version makes more financial sense as well as more timely solutions without the Apple store restrictions.

3. Melissa closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2020 12:59 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac