Foreign currency and reports

Scott L

22 Nov, 2020 11:33 PM

Hello,

I have several accounts, some of which are in one currency (the base currency) and some of which are in another currency.

I need to be able to generate a detailed income and expense report for the approx. 3 or 4 accounts in the base currency and another detailed income and expenses report for the remaining accounts in the other currency. The first detailed report works well and shows detail in the base currency. However, the second detailed report, which covers the accounts in the other currency, are also reported in the base currency. Is there any way to specify, when creating the report, either: (1) The currency that the report should use and show all transaction amounts, sub-totals and totals in that currency, or (2) that the report should be generated in the currency specified for the accounts when they were created?

I also tried exporting the transactions from the foreign currency accounts, but they too showed transaction amounts, sub-totals, and totals in the *base* currency, only. How can I report, or export these accounts and transactions in the same currency that was entered?

Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac