Reminders

Skip Felton

02 Dec, 2020 11:07 PM

I have Moneydance on my laptop with many reminders to automatically enter transactions on the 1st of each moonth. On December 1st, I drove to Florida and my laptop was completely shutdown. I noticed the next day that none of the transactions were recorded. Does anybody know why?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Dec, 2020 11:11 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

If you close and reopen MD then do the reminders enter?

2. 2 Posted by Roger Felton on 03 Dec, 2020 12:11 AM

No, that didn’t do anything. I changed all of my reminders today so that they should execute tomorrow. I’ll see how that works. I’ve never had this problem before. I have MoneyDance on my desktop at home and everything is saved to the cloud. When I did something on my laptop, it would repeat only desktop. I’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for responding.

Skip

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Dec, 2020 07:42 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

Ah. So this is a secondary sync’d computer? Go to preferences, network. Somewhere on that screen is a box you can tick to auto commit reminders (on this computer)? Be aware you don’t really want both computer doing this normally.

4. 4 Posted by Roger Felton on 03 Dec, 2020 01:21 PM

I went to the Network preferences like you suggested. Nothing happened. But then I closed the app and reopened it. It worked. Thanks for the help.

Skip

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 03 Dec, 2020 02:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac