Lost all data

debnscott99

07 Dec, 2020 09:41 PM

I just updated to money dance 10.11 and when my file opened up, all my accounts and data have disappeared. I went to my last exported backup and it opened up and nothing was there also. I am panicking, I have 20 years of data. I have back ups but when I try to open them they go from a large file to nothing. Help!

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 07 Dec, 2020 09:55 PM

just a user.
    Is it possible for some reason you are not opening up your primary data set? I.E. Click File Open and select as needed ?

2. 2 Posted by debnscott99 on 07 Dec, 2020 11:10 PM

No I was opening primary, it is weird, the file went from being large to only 120kb, when I opened my most recent backup, it again went from being large to next to nothing and no data. I had just been using it and closed it down, it backed up and then I upgraded and it is like it all just disappeared. I have managed to get a month old archive to work, so that is better than nothing, but it is weird that all the recent ones have no data.

3. 3 Posted by mhoggie on 07 Dec, 2020 11:57 PM

just a user,
    It's unlikely your data was erased, but possible I guess. Have you looked in your storage location manually? Click help, Show Documents folder.

4. 4 Posted by debnscott99 on 08 Dec, 2020 01:40 AM

Yes, checked it manually like you said and file is there just no data and last 3 weeks of backups are the same, I do daily backups to the cloud and to an external drive and it’s weird that the main file is on all of them but no data. Fortunately the backups from 11/15 all are fine so I’ve stopped trying to work it out and will just have to redo the past few weeks. All I can think is I had trouble with my computer back at that same time and had to go back to a backup so maybe something messed up then and when I shut down and restarted it didn’t save correctly. Who knows, but I’m very thankful that I could get most of it back.

5. Melissa closed this discussion on 08 Dec, 2020 11:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac