Show total of deposits

John Friede

27 Jan, 2021 02:23 AM

Hello,

One of the accounts I keep track of on Moneydance is a Health Savings Account. I am limited by law to a total of $7,100 in contributions per year. Is there a way to show the total dollar amount deposited in an account over a date range? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 27 Jan, 2021 02:42 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The approach(es) you can take it dependent on how the transactions are recorded, for example if they all have the same category then an Income & Expense report could be used. If they all have the same description a Transaction filter report could be used.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 27 Jan, 2021 02:46 AM

Hi John,

Take a look at the Transaction Filter Report. Along with an Amount column, it has a Running Total column.

This report should work assuming that you have some definitive description for the contributions that you could apply to the 'Description' parameter field of the report.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by Ben on 27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM

For transfers into a savings account, the "Transfers, Detailed" report should work. You can set "Source Accounts" to be your savings account; it doesn't have to be literally the account the money's coming from.

4. 4 Posted by John Friede on 28 Jan, 2021 01:22 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. The transaction filter did the trick for me.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac