Moneydance Update via Apple App Store

Rob Burrows

24 Oct, 2021 03:58 PM

I have been using Moneydance for several years on my MacBook, recently I have been receiving notifications that a newer version is available, however this does not appear to be available via App Store. Could you advise if this will happen at some point?

Current Version installed 2020.1 (1928)
Update Version 2022.1 build 4058

Is there a way to purchase the updated version without losing all the data I have synced between Mac, iPhone and iPad?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 24 Oct, 2021 07:35 PM

Hello,

If you have purchased via the App Store, you should only download updates from that source, as purchases made through a third party won't be recognized by our licensing system.

We are working on getting the 2022 version released to the Mac App Store, but unfortunately Apple has been difficult with their review process for a while. I can't speculate when the update will be released.

It sounds like you may have installed the updater extension through the extensions menu? I'd recommend uninstalling that if you purchased from the App Store, since it checks for updates through our main licensing system. You should just get update notifications relevant to you directly through the App Store.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by R B on 24 Oct, 2021 08:08 PM

Thanks Ethan,

I have removed the updater extension, I will wait for the update to be released via App Store, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Regards
    Rob

3. Ethan closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2021 08:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac