Back ups

Christopher A Easthope

05 Jan, 2022 11:22 AM

How do I create a backup version, and then do a restore from this particular back up if necessary?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 05 Jan, 2022 11:38 AM

I'm a fellow user.

I would suggest you start be reading the Knowledge Base article on backups:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/backups-and-exporting/backups

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 05 Jan, 2022 11:46 AM

Hi Christopher,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers. To add to this useful information I thought it's worth mentioning that you can create manual backup files whenever you want, and store these files anywhere. To create a manual backup file, simply choose File --> Export Backup. This will create a .moneydancearchive backup file.

The files with a - .moneydancearchive file extension can be restored into Moneydance by double clicking them.
    Alternatively, you can choose File --> Restore from Backup (or 'Import New Account Set' from the Welcome window). Then navigate to and select the backup file.

When you restore data from a backup file, a new data file will be created for use going forward. If the restored data file is in the default location, it's accessible from Moneydance via Help --> Show Documents Folder.

Any data files stored here are accessible from the program by choosing File --> Open. Any files you've created or restored will be listed here.

Finally, if you wish to re-name the restored file, you can follow the steps in this article from the knowledge base.

It's important you close the Moneydance program fully before you make any changes.

Then change the data file name to whatever you want - just be sure to retain the .moneydance file extension at the end of the file name.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Alan Easthope on 20 Jan, 2022 04:23 PM

Maddy, I finally got back to updating Moneydance today and I am all set
    with version 2022. Thanks for your help

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 20 Jan, 2022 04:33 PM

You are welcome! I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 20 Jan, 2022 04:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac