Side Bar

austriah

05 Dec, 2022 02:32 AM

Can you add additional Titles to the sidebar, right now there is Bank, Credit Card, Loan, Investments, etc. I have a few business accounts and I would like to have a title that says "Business" and put all those accounts there.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 05 Dec, 2022 04:17 AM

just a user - I think you can have ASSETS and LIABILITIES in addition to the ones you mentioned.

What I do with my business accounts is to name an account like Z - BUSINESS for each of the titles, and then create sub accounts for them...

CREDIT CARDS
    personal1
    personal2
    Z - BUSINESS
    . business cc 1
    . business cc 2

Technically, Z - BUSINESS is a credit card (in this case) and the others are subaccounts, but I just don't put anything into Z - BUSINESS - it becomes a placeholder.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 05 Dec, 2022 05:00 AM

It is not possible for users to add titles to the side bar.

The titles displayed are dependent on what you have elected to show. The list of possible headings is:

Bank
    Credit Cards
    Investments
    Loan
    Asset
    Liability
    Expense Categories
    Income Categories
    Graphs & Reports

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 05 Dec, 2022 05:13 AM

Oops I left out Budgets

4. 4 Posted by austriah on 05 Dec, 2022 12:52 PM

DTD, thank you, I was aware of the additional options, I just put etc. and didn't list them all because I was seeking to add an additional one name "Business".

Can you please explain to me how you created a sub account? I was able to create the Z-Business with nothing under it, but how are you making a sub account please.

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Dec, 2022 01:09 PM

Hi austriah,

Can you please explain to me how you created a sub account?

If you don't mind my jumping in here... You simply select 'Z-Banking' from the 'Parent Account' drop-down list in the Properties form of the sub-account(s)
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/accounts-and-categories/creat...

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

6. 6 Posted by austriah on 05 Dec, 2022 02:04 PM

KevinN.

Thank you, I saw the 'Parent Account' but was leary about changing it because when I first started using Moneydance in the early days I kinda messed stuff up simply by altering the account name.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac