Question about PC Banking and downloading transactions

Tone Southerland

01 May, 2009 12:57 PM

I have setup PC Banking successfully with my bank - Suntrust. When I download transaction they show in the bottom part of the screen, and if I have manually entered the transactions previously MD seems to do a great job of matching. i click record for each transaction and MD doesn't download them again. My only issue is that MD does not mark the transaction as cleared (green check) when I record it from the transaction download box. I have to go back through and manually clear transactions. Is this the intended behavior? If so is there another approach to handling this workflow? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by John Selden on 07 May, 2009 06:37 PM

This is the intended behavior. Matching a downloaded transaction doesn't add a green checkmark. It add the little "i" symbol just to the left of the category. Moneydance will automatically add the green check mark when a transaction has been reconciled against a monthly statement (or, as you know, you can add it manually).

Personally, I never manually clear a transaction. All of my clearing happens when I do a reconciliation.

2. 2 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 07 May, 2009 08:12 PM

This is correct behavior for the program- entering and downloading one transactions is one step and clearing them is a separate step, akin to balancing a checkbook. If you would like to mark multiple transactions as cleared, you can select the "as of" date option in the reconcile window, and this will mark every downloaded transaction on or before that date as cleared.

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 07 May, 2009 08:12 PM.

4. Tone Southerland re-opened this discussion on 11 May, 2009 12:44 AM

5. 3 Posted by Tone Southerlan... on 11 May, 2009 12:44 AM

ah i see the little "i" now. That's what I was looking for. I don't normally "reconcile" my account in the traditional way, however i want to be able to see which transactions are outstanding - the "i" will let me do that. Thanks.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:38 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:36 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM