Re: investment acc

whitedimension's Avatar


07 May, 2009 06:15 AM

Hi there, i have a online trading acc and they charge a monthly fee debiting from my investment acc. My I know how do i register this amount since its not related to any particular securities?Choosing MscExp would only apply to a particular securities and do not reflect as a general expenses.

Thank you

  1. 1 Posted by John Selden on 07 May, 2009 04:42 PM

    John Selden's Avatar

    For my brokerage, the brokerage fee comes out of the account's cash balance. To record that in Moneydance, enter it as a Xfr (transfer), and put a negative number in the "Amount" column equal to the fee. That will deduct the amount from the cash balance. I believe this is the proper way to do it because this is how Moneydance automatically enters downloaded brokerage fee transactions into my account.

  2. 2 Posted by Brian Adler on 11 May, 2009 06:11 PM

    Brian Adler's Avatar

    John, thank you. This is indeed the correct way to register this expense.

  3. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2009 12:44 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac