MoneyDance's upgrage policy?

ctviggen

07 May, 2009 10:03 AM

My Quicken has yet again decided that I can no longer perform downloads of information from my bank, and Quicken is forcing me to upgrade to continue the downloads. I believe the policy is every two years, you have to upgrade to the next version (even though the old version works perfectly fine).

What is MoneyDance's upgrade policy?

Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by John Selden on 07 May, 2009 07:16 PM

As far as I'm aware, Infinite Kind never "sunsets" older versions of Moneydance the way Intuit does with Quicken, i.e., cutting off online access. Plus, Infinite Kind doesn't charge you every year to upgrade to the newer version. For example, I believe anyone who bought MD in 2004 or later was given free upgrades all the way up to MD 2008.

That said, I wonder if the banks know what version of the software we're using and could somehow lock out older versions. But I've never heard of that happening, and I've read a lot of these forum posts!

Bottom line: whatever the policy is, if you're happy with Moneydance's feature set, you're going to be WAY happier with the upgrade and sunset policies!

2. 2 Posted by Brian Adler on 07 May, 2009 08:09 PM

You will never be forced to upgrade Moneydance in order to keep using it (your current version will never stop working). Additionally, the next upgrade (MD 2009) will be free to any user who purchased in 2004 or later.

So a) upgrading will never be necessary and b) for the last 5 years (including the next major upgrade) new upgrades are free to lots of users

3. Brian Adler closed this discussion on 07 May, 2009 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:36 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:34 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM