Grayed out "Next" button in Online Banking Setup

david

08 May, 2009 08:24 PM

I just opened a new Fidelity account. My other two fidelity accounts are working fine. When I try to activate online access for this new account, all goes well until I get to the the "Next" stage linking the account that it funds at Fidelity's website to my new account. At which point, the "Next" button is grayed out.

Any clues?

1. 1 Posted by Brian Adler on 10 May, 2009 05:26 PM

David, I have two thoughts that may be at issue. First, please make sure you are using our most recent preview build (637) http://moneydance.com/preview/ There was sometimes an issue that arose setting up multiple accounts with the same institution which this version fixes. Second, the graying out issue can be caused by an account type mismatch. So if you set up a checking account within Moneydance and try to link it to an investment account for example, the graying out will happen. If Fidelity is sending information that the account is different than the type you have created within Moneydance, the setup cannot be completed. Please let me know if your problem continues despite both these suggestions.

2. 2 Posted by david on 10 May, 2009 06:11 PM

Thanks Bryan.

It was "account type" issue. Fidelity apparently classifies all of its accounts as "investment accounts." But because it is a cash management account with checks and billpay, I consider it a checking account. It actually can't hold "securities." I think you have to transfer $ into a real investment account before you can trade.

A product suggestion, though not a huge deal, would be if the user could place accounts into any category on the home page that they want, regardless of how the bank categorizes the account. The way it now works, what is really a checking account appears with the investment accounts. Again, not a huge deal.

Thanks for your help.

David C. Winton 415.421.5800 Tel 415.378.8598 Cell E-mail: [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Brian Adler on 11 May, 2009 06:33 PM

David, I have just spoken with Sean, our developer. If an institution lists an account type as "investment" then MD can only import transactions from that account that are of investment type (ie buying and selling securities) that of course would make no sense in a bank account. So the only real solution for importing transactions from an account that functionally is a bank account is for it to be listed as a bank account by the ofx servers of the financial institution. I'm sorry to have to tell you that this isn't something that we can solve (that Fidelity would need to solve). Sincerely, Brian Moneydance Support

4. Brian Adler closed this discussion on 11 May, 2009 06:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:38 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:36 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM