download transactions for checking and credit card accounts

Anne Briggs

13 May, 2009 08:39 PM

I am just setting up a new account with Moneydance. How do I import transactions from my various financial institutions?

1. 1 Posted by John Selden on 14 May, 2009 12:44 AM

At the top of the register for each account, there is a dropdown menu labeled "Online." Select "Set Up Online Banking" from that menu and follow the prompts.

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 19 May, 2009 05:21 PM

I am having a sinmilar problem. I am trying to set up Discover I get to the end of the process, it shows the correct account number, I enter the user id and password but the "next" (or maybe it is "finish" button is grayed out... there is nothing to do but cancel. i have yet to be able to set up an account

3. 3 Posted by Brian Adler on 19 May, 2009 06:03 PM

Bob, That "graying out" often occurs when there is an account type mismatch. Credit card accounts within Moneydance need to be matched with institutions that list the account type as "credit card". Bank accounts need to be matched with banks, and so on. This graying out often indicates there is a mismatch. Could that be happening in this case?

4. 4 Posted by Bob on 20 May, 2009 12:46 AM

Well that solved the connection problem.  But, now when I subsequently download the transactions and recorded them, it screwed up the outstanding balance, which was right to that point, in the account.  What happened?

From: Infinite Kind Support [email blocked] To: [email blocked] Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:03:16 PM Subject: Re: download transactions for checking and credit card accounts [Questions]

5. 5 Posted by John Selden on 20 May, 2009 04:29 AM

It sounds like one or more transactions may have gotten duplicated (i.e. a downloaded transaction didn't properly match up to a manually entered transaction, so it ended up appearing in the register twice). Did you check your register carefully for duplicates?

Are you sure the balance is incorrect? If transactions appear in a different order in your register as compared to on the credit card statement, the balances may look different but not be. Same if you have manually entered transactions that haven't yet shown up on the credit card.

6. 6 Posted by Bob on 20 May, 2009 12:54 PM

I believe that is correct now that I have had a little more experience with MD.  I was too quick to just punch the "record" option without paying attention to the message for each downloaded transaction match attempt.  One side note.  I was downloading transactions from my bank and coming up with mismatches that I knew should exist.  It turns out that the bank is WRONG, MD is right! Their down load sort of randomly combined 2 transactions into 1 creating a record with the sum of the 2 transactions while in reality they were separate.  MD naturally did not match.  Thanks for your help and fast response.

From: Infinite Kind Support [email blocked] To: [email blocked] Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:29:59 PM Subject: Re: download transactions for checking and credit card accounts [Questions]

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:28 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:11 PM