downloading transactions

LuAnn Farmer

20 May, 2009 02:42 PM

I am new to MD and to Macs. I know that when I first purchased MD and set it up, I was able to download all of my bank transactions. It is now only downloading inner-bank transfers. When I try to download directly from my financial institute, my MAC tells me that the file may be corrupt or is a format that Preview does not recognize. What am I doing wrong?

1. 1 Posted by John Selden on 20 May, 2009 03:38 PM

Can you clarify your post? You're using the word "download" a lot, but it is not clear whether you're talking about downloading transactions from within the Moneydance software, or downloading transactions on your bank's website. What software are you in when the error pops up? If you're talking about downloading on your bank's website, does it let you specify what file format to download the data in? If so, what format are you selecting? What bank are we talking about?

Also, what do you mean by "inner-bank transfers"? Do you mean inter-bank transfers? Are you talking about transfers of money from one account to another within the same bank, or between accounts at different banks? How are you initiating or effectuating those transfers?

You also might want to delete all the duplicate posts.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:25 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:11 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:00 PM