What is batch change?

Tony Pirog

23 May, 2009 11:57 AM

When I downloaded my Discover card transactions all the categroies were set incorrectly, so I saw Batch Change and figured if I chose an Exxon/Mobil transaction and told it to change the category to Auto:Fuel, it would be propagated through all the Exxon/Mobil transactions. Didn't happen. In fact I see no point to it as only 1 transaction changed.

I m running build 635 in Linux/Ubuntu.

Thanks.

Tony

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 23 May, 2009 02:10 PM

Hi Tony

Batch change changes all selected transactions. If you only select one transaction only that transaction with be changed.

Selecting multiple transactions is achieved by selecting the first wanted transaction and then holding down shift while selecting the last wanted transaction. This way all transactions in between will be selected. Also pressing ctrl and clicking on transactions will add/remove them from the group of selected transactions. It can be helpful to sort the transaction before selecting them for a batch change. Sort by clicking the column header. For example sorting by category will put all transactions with the same category next to each other and make it easy to select them all with the shift click method.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 23 May, 2009 02:10 PM.

3. Tony Pirog re-opened this discussion on 23 May, 2009 03:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tony Pirog on 23 May, 2009 03:49 PM

Awesome. Thanks a lot!

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac