balance predictor

carolyn

29 Jul, 2009 05:17 PM

I have just downloaded the balance predictor and am a little dissapointed in the fact that i can get a general balance over the
specified time frame , but cannot click on and get an actual balance at any time during the time frame as i could with microsoft money,
am i missing something?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 30 Jul, 2009 09:39 PM

Hi Carolyn

I do not believe you are missing something. I think it is the case that the Balance Predictor extension does not have as much functionality as the one in MS Money. I am sorry you feel disappointed..

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by ds4854 on 31 Jul, 2009 01:39 AM

Carolyn,

There's another extension called "Forecaster" that I think does what you're looking for. It was not written by the Moneydance crew themselves, but I think it may be available from their master collection of extensions. It does provide a spot balance at any point on the graph (any day) if you "hover" your mouse cursor over the point where you want the balance.

Try it and see. Since I got Forecaster, I don't use the Balance Predictor at all any more.

Hope this helps,

David

3. 3 Posted by Raimund Buchhol... on 31 Jul, 2009 01:49 AM

Hi,

You may also take a look into this Knowledge Base article Third party extensions

Raimund

4. 4 Posted by carolyn on 31 Jul, 2009 07:39 PM

Have just downloaded forecaster extension as suggested - just what i was looking for! . . .Thanks for advice

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM