Potential Bug

BDizzle

29 Jul, 2009 07:26 PM

Hello,
In the reporting area, I may have found a bug.

Note that I have two accounts setup
Steps to recreate:
1. Click on the "Graphs and Reports" link
2. Choose, "Detailed Cash Flow"
3. Click on the first item in the list. (For me, it's my first account)
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and Shift Click the last category. (everything should be selected, including all of your accounts and categories)
5. Find a category that you do not want to be displayed. I chose "Dividend". (I Command Clicked Dividend to un highlight it since I don't want it in the report.)
6. Click on Generate.

You'll see that instead of showing everything MINUS Dividends in the chart, it actually shows just the Dividends category information. Also of note, if I just choose Dividends, it will give essentially the same information. It seems there is no way to get information on everything, minus Dividends.

Note that this issue also happens when deselecting an Account. If I deselect one of my accounts, that account will be the only one showing up, not the opposite.

I hope this can be fixed and also fixed when it is added to the Income and Expenses section. I really need to separate out the two accounts and also be able to remove categories when making a final chart. Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 12 Aug, 2009 07:01 PM

Hello

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that there does indeed seem to be a bug in the category selection process for this report. I have filed a bug report in our issue tracking system. Here is the link.

http://www.moneydance.com/trac/ticket/2044

I am afraid that I cannot provide an estimate on when this might be resolved.

2. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 30 Jan, 2010 12:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM