New MD Accounts for Fidelity Investments

drewscurachio

01 Aug, 2009 10:58 PM

I am new to MD so the answer to my questions I hope are easy. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find much documentation on how MD works or how to use it. The Help Contents in MD is rather weak. So I hope I can get the answers from the discussion board.
I have 3 different accounts at Fidelity Investments. Each account has several different securities that I have purchased over the years. I have been able to direct connect to Fidelity. That was very easy (Thank you MD). But what gets downloaded are just transactions for the past month. When I connected to Fidelity and downloaded the transactions, the securities I have in my Fidelity account did get added to the list of securities. But none of the information about my purchases (# shares, cost basis, purchase date, etc) of the securities were downloaded. I have found no way to download the different securities in my portfolio in the 3 accounts. Is there a way to download the information Fidelity has on the securities in a Fidelity account?
To make things even more challenging I have not found a way to enter the securities manually into the Fidelity account I just created in MD. I entered a transaction into the register but it doesn't show up as being a part of my portfolio in MD.
Any help getting me started would be much appreciated.

Drew

1. 1 Posted by cwilson on 10 Sep, 2009 04:16 AM

Drew,

You mention these are historical securities, so purchase information isn't available as a transaction (most financial institutions only make the last 30 to 60 days available for download / online access.

What you need to do is enter a 'BUY' transaction into the register, giving the appropriate date, shares, and price per share (or just the Amount; MD will figure it out.) Then the securities will show up on the portfolio and securities details.

I'm just going through this exercise, account by account. . . .

Hope this helps,

--Chan

2. 2 Posted by Jessica Little on 11 Sep, 2009 05:32 PM

Drew,

Sorry for the delayed response. Chan is correct on both counts. Does that help you out?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or problems.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by drewscurachio on 15 Sep, 2009 08:16 PM

Chan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try and let you know how
    it works out.
    Thank you.

Drew

4. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2010 12:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac