Multiple Moneydance Files

Barbara

09 Aug, 2009 05:58 PM

Hello:

I have just downloaded the trial version of Moneydance and am trying to see if I can use it in place of Quicken 2009 (which I am very dissatisfied with!).

In Quicken, I have 2 different files - one for my accounts and one for my mother-in-law's accounts. I tried to import a second file but it put the accounts into the one existing Moneydance account that I created.

Am I doing something wrong or is it that I need the full version in order to do this?

Thanks
Barbara

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 10 Aug, 2009 03:17 PM

Hi Barbara

I am not exactly sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to have two separate moneydance file one for your self and one for your mother-in-law then you should create a second moneydance file for your mother-in-law's account with in Moneydance. Do this by selecting File-.New within Moneydance and then import her accounts into the new file.

If you import both of your quicken files into a single Moneydance file, Moneydance will attempt to combine them. I think it is unlikely that this is what you want as it would then be difficult to determine which expenses and income were yours and which your mother-in-law's.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2010 12:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2021 12:26 AM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM
17 Jan, 2021 11:08 PM