moving moneydance to a new computer

jackie

12 Aug, 2009 01:59 PM

I need to move moneydance to my new computer and I don't want a new version. i've got everything set up and working just fine. what the best way to do this

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 12 Aug, 2009 02:45 PM

Hi Jackie

While it is possible to move an existing installation of Moneydance to a new computer and keep all of your existing preferences, moving an installed piece of software from one computer to another is not something I would ever recommend.

How you do this is somewhat dependent on what operating system you are using. The three things you need to move over to the new computer are the main Moneydance folder, the .moneydance folder that is in you user directory and your moneydance data file. It is necessary that you put them in the same places relative to the directory structure on the new computer.

I strongly recommend that you instead install the latest version of Moneydance and just copy over your Moneydance data file and open it i the new installation. You would need to register the new installation with your existing key. While it might take you a few mins to install the extensions you were using and set your preferences again I think this would probably take less time that trying to move over an installed piece of software. And it would definitely be less error prone.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Jackie Blundell on 13 Aug, 2009 12:34 PM

Ben Spencer wrote:

3. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 30 Jan, 2010 12:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM