CSV files and downloading Currency Rates

R. Mark Biech

15 Aug, 2009 08:20 PM

Hello ... Just downloaded your product .. purchased it and am not entering data. I was on Quicken for 15 years, then to iBank, and will now try MoneyDance .. two quick questions:

1. How do I import a CSV file to an account
  2. How do I download currency rates into the software (can't find that anywhere)
  3. Are there any plans for "smart accounts" in the works? To be able to create a "smart register" pulling transactions given selected criteria?

Thanks very much ...

Mark Biech
President, HFTN - Romania
www.hftn.ro

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 18 Aug, 2009 02:53 PM

Hi Mark

1) You can import a csv file by installing the free extension called "Text File Importer" Select Add form the extensions and follow the wizard. However if you can get your transaction data in a qif file you can import it directly by selecting file import.

2) You cannot manually download currency rates into the software however there is a free extension that will automatically download current and historical currency rates from finance.yahoo.com. The extensions you need for this is called the "Yahoo! Exchange rate retriever" You may also want to install the "Stock/FOREX quote auto synchroniser" which will run the other extension at regular user defined intervals.

3) I am not familiar with smart accounts. Could you provide a link to further information this topic.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM