"click Record..." -- where?

Dave Held

15 Aug, 2009 08:52 PM

When I update a transaction or enter a new transaction, I can't find anywhere to click to finalize and record it. I have to use the return key. I'd like to be able to do this with either the keyboard or the mouse. Am I missing something?

As I recall, there used to be "buttons" I could click on to record a transaction or to cancel my changes, but they disappeared several versions ago.

Mac OSX Leopard, Moneydance v. 2008-r4, Java 1.5.0_19.

--Dave/

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Aug, 2009 06:44 PM

Hi Dave

You are correct in that there used to be a record button some versions ago. The record button was removed in order to make the interface simpler and to speed up data entry.

You said "I'd like to be able to do this with either the keyboard or the mouse. " As you correctly describe pressing the return key on the keyboard records the transaction. Also if you click on another transaction with the mouse after you have entered a transaction, the system will ask you if you want to record the changes and you can click yes.

I am sorry if this does not meet your needs.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Dave Held on 20 Aug, 2009 06:51 PM

Thanks, Ben, for taking the time to answer, and for all the other stuff you do. It's appreciated.

It's helpful to know that the buttons used to be there and now they're gone. I can stop looking for them.

--Dave/

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM