Connecting a loan or liability account online

Nick

15 Aug, 2009 10:08 PM

I am using the trial of MD but I am sure that I will be purchasing the full version to take the place of my Microsoft Money software. I have a couple of liability accounts or loan accounts at the same bank as my checking. One is an overdraft, a car loan and a 2nd mortgage. It seems that I cannot add online banking to the loan account, the "online" button is not even there and with the liability account the "online" button is there but the "Set up online banking" button is grayed out. How can I get these accounts to be set up with online banking?

1. 1 Posted by Thomas on 18 Aug, 2009 03:17 AM

I would also like to know. Definitely buying Money Dance in 3 more transactions. ;)

2. 2 Posted by Thomas on 18 Aug, 2009 03:51 AM

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Aug, 2009 03:35 PM

Hi Thomas

Typically users with an overdraft facility represent this in Moneydance as a credit card account. You can set up online connections with this type of account.

The thinking behind not allowing online connectivity with Loan accounts is that it is expected that the user will have online banking set up with the accounts that are paying the loan account. It would therefor be unnecessary to also have online banking for the loan account.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. 4 Posted by Thomas on 28 Aug, 2009 03:48 AM

Makes sense to me... thanks. :)

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac