Security Detail - History

tim747

17 Aug, 2009 10:05 PM

Hi,

I have moved from Quicken to Moneydance with no problems with current data.
However, all the register transactions have successfully converted prices in pence (0.01 GBP) to pounds, but my history price detail has remained unchanged and Moneydance thinks that they are pounds (1GBP). Historic Net-worth is millions (LOL if only!) so the scaling make current data appear to be zero!

So the question is: is there anyway I can export - edit - import security 'History'?
or have I got to do it manually for each price in each security?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Aug, 2009 07:26 PM

Hi Tim

I am sorry I have not responded sooner.

If I understand you correctly the price of each purchase has increased 100 fold. However the price history is correct and other transactions in the system are also correct.

Is it possible to set the units in Quicken that a security purchase is made with. I know that a lot of UK stocks are priced in pence not in pounds and pence. When you were using this data in quicken were the prices listed in pence? Is there an option in Quicken to change that?

I am sorry for the inconvienience.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by tim747 on 21 Aug, 2009 08:52 PM

Hi Ben,

No, it is the other way around.

Purchases & transaction are correct, it is just the history that is 100
    time too much.
    Can price history be exported and imported again? that way I could edit the
    erroneous data.

regards

Tim

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 22 Aug, 2009 04:54 PM

Hi Tim

I am afraid it is not possible to manually export price history, modify and then reimport it. You have two options.

Option 1: Modify each entry in the price history by hand. While potentially extremely time onsuming this will ensure that you have the same number of entries as you had before.

Option 2: Delete your price history and use the yahoo stock price retriever extension.to download historical prices form finance.yahoo.com. The trouble with relying on finance.yahoo.com is that the amount of historical data they provide varies considerably from security to security. I just downloaded the history for GOOG and only received price history for the last 7 days. Which is far from useful.

There is an existing ticket in our issue tracking system to add support for manually importing price history. Here is a link to the ticket:

http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/1958

If you register and log into trac you can vote on tickets. we use the number of votes tickets get to help determine what to implement next.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM