down load info from merrill lynch

eugene_martinez

18 Aug, 2009 05:54 PM

Good morning. When trying to download information from ML to Quicken for MAC the information from the account feeds in to quicken as "brokerage" but for one of the accounts out of multiple accounts we would like it to feed through as something else, in this case "banking"
I have spoken with INTUIT - Quicken and they say there is no way to alter it and I spoke with ML tech and the dont have a way to alter how it is feed out. My question to you at MoneyDance Support is; is there anway to either import the data directly from ML or from Quicken (which originally pulled from ML) and be able to alter the feed once received on one particular account so it shows as "banking" versus "brokerage?"
Thank you for your help.

Eugene

1. 1 Posted by eugene_martinez on 19 Aug, 2009 06:42 PM

Can someone help me with this question? When posting what is the expected turn around time?

2. 2 Posted by eugene_martinez on 19 Aug, 2009 06:44 PM

Can anyone help me with these questions? What is the normal turnaround time for a response?

3. 3 Posted by Brian Adler on 20 Aug, 2009 01:56 PM

Eugene,

Sometimes your questions will be answered the same day (or the day after) you ask them, but a two day wait is not uncommon.

The import cannot happen from an investment account to a bank account. But once you have imported the account, there are two possible options, You will probably be able to batch move all your transactions from your investment account to a new bank account. Select all of your transactions in the account, right click on them and then batch change the account on all of them to your new account.

Or if that isn't possible (sometimes it ins't), you can enter the XML file (we can give you instructions) and change the account type from investment to bank. But the process is somewhat technical and not for the faint of heart.

Also, if you have any securities among the transactions in this account, the formatting will be a mess, and I therefore don't advise it.

Here are the instructions for the account change by editing the XML file (your 2nd and less preferable option):

The type of an account can be changed after being created in Moneydance by following these steps: 1) Export your data to an XML file using the File->Export menu and choosing the Moneydance XML option. 2) Edit the exported file in a text editor. Search for the name of your account and you should see a section like this: {{{ B My Account 110</ ACCTID> 8 1020.00 ...}}} 3) Change the letter in the field to the correct letter and then save the file. Valid types: A = Asset; B = Bank (checking or savings); C = Credit Card; V = Investment; L = Loan; Y = Liability; S = Security; E = Expense; I = Income 4) Open the edited file in Moneydance by selecting the File->Open menu and choosing the XML file. Note: The file may need to have the ".xml" extension in order for Moneydance to be able to open it.

Good luck,

Brian

4. Brian Adler closed this discussion on 20 Aug, 2009 01:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM