UK fund price updates

guy.bursell

18 Aug, 2009 09:21 PM

Hi,

I am migrating from MS Money 2005 to Moneydance. I have moved my stocks and shares to Moneydance and, after apending '.L' to the symbols, I get the automatic price updates for these in Moneydance. All well and good. However, I have a number of UK funds that I have invested in and if I search for them in finance.yahoo.com they are not listed. If I search for these funds in uk.finance.yahoo.com, I find them. How can I get the automatic price updates sync for these funds into Moneydance? An example is Symbol: GB0033507467GBP, ISIN: GB0033507467.

Many thanks,

Guy Bursell

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Aug, 2009 06:36 PM

Dear Mr Bursell

I am afraid that the current version of the stock price retriever is only able to retrieve information from finance.yahoo.com. As such if you want to update the price for these securities you will have to do it manually. Click Tools->"Edit Securities". Selec tthe security you want to edit and click the edit button. Enter a new price in the current price box and then click the new button. I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

You are not alone in your desire to access price information from services other than finance.yahoo.com and to that end we are likely to be making some changes to the way we handle this such that a variety of sites can be accessed in a flexible way. I am afraid I do not have a date for when an improved version of the price retriever extension will be available.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac