Will Moneydance on the mac export data to a qif file that is compatible with Windows Quicken?

Ron Kaplan

19 Aug, 2009 03:39 AM

I am running on a Mac, and have been using Mac Quicken for quite awhile. But my accountant wants me to produce my account data that he can read into a Windows program that can only interpret files that Windows Quicken produces. It seems that Mac Quicken and Windows Quicken are mutually incompatible.

So I am thinking of switching to Moneydance. But it would be crucial to know that Moneydance on a Mac can export a file that would be truly compatible with what Windows Quicken would produce. Otherwise, I would go the route of getting Windows Quicken, and running it inside a virtual WIndows machine.

Can you confirm that Moneydance can export to a Windows compatible qif file?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Aug, 2009 05:47 PM

Hi Ron

Moneydance can export to a windows compatible qif file however there are limitations that may or may not affect you.

The tags feature in Moneydance (similar to quicken classes) are not included in the export. And investment accounts are exported as regular bank accounts. Other than that everything else will be exported correctly.

If you want to try this out and determine it it will meet your needs, you can download a free trial version of Moneydance from this link:

http://moneydance.com/other

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM