Snow Leopard

Thomas Pindelski

20 Aug, 2009 06:10 PM

Will Moneydance run on Snow Leopard when SL is released?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Aug, 2009 06:36 PM

Hi Thomas

Yes, the developer is running Moneydance on Snow Leopard with out any trouble,

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Pindelsk... on 20 Aug, 2009 07:29 PM

Can I run Moneydance on my Mac with the datafile(s) resident on my iDisk in MobileMe?

If yes, what are the performance compromises please?

If yes, does the license allow installation of Moneydance on two Macs?

Thank you.

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 20 Aug, 2009 11:41 PM

Hi Thomas

Yes you can store you data file remotely. Many people store their data on external disks or on a file server and I personally like to store my moneydance data file on dropbox (a free internet storage service). The performance hit is dependent on the bandwidth you have to your storage device. Moneydance data files are relatively small and these days bandwidth to almost any device is plentiful. You shouldn't notice any significant performance deterioration at load and save time.

Yes you can install moneydance on more than one machine for personal use. Here are the details of what we allow:

"We have a somewhat simple formula that we like for our users to follow in determining how many licenses they need. Take the number of people using Moneydance and the number of computers no matter the operating system on which it is being used. Choose the lower of the two numbers and that's how many licenses to purchase. I.E. you can either a) use it on as many computers as you like, or b) have as many people as you like use it on one computer. For the purposes of our license, couples count as a single person."

The one warning is that you should not have your data file open on two computers at exactly the same time.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Jan, 2021 10:58 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:37 AM
27 Jan, 2021 10:09 AM