Need some guidance

Michael Suess

31 Aug, 2009 10:42 PM

Hello Moneydance Representative,

I am considering moving from Quicken to Moneydance, but I am facing some issues that need to be addressed first, if I were to make the transition.

First, Quicken has several reports that Moneydance does not seem to have, unless I am looking in the wrong place... One report that is a MUST HAVE for me is: 1. A report that summarizes the transactions for a given date range where the account is the heading, and then all the transactions for that account (and sub-accounts) listed with their respective transaction totals, and totaling each sub-account, then having the total for the parent account displayed.

To clarify, say that we have an account named ESCHA, which has several sub-accounts, such as Accounting, Taxes, Payroll, Maintenance, etc. etc. etc. and some of the sub-accounts themselves have sub-accounts. Pretty straight forward. Now I would like a report that I can select a date range, like last year, last quarter, last ??? (or just have a start date/end date selection.) The report would have ESCHA on the top, and possibly the balance for ESCHA and all sub-accounts (or this total could be at the bottom of the report, not a biggie where it is,) then the sub-accounts would be listed under that, with each transaction for the sub-account listed; like ESCHA:Accounting could have a transaction for 01/05/2009 for signage rental totaling $450.00, then next line might be 01/17/2009 for Postcards totaling $23.00, etc. etc. etc. Then a line where all the transactions for ESCHA:Advertising is totaled. It would reiterate through all the sub-accounts for ESCHA and all the sub-accounts under each sub-account (if they exist.)

This is a MUST HAVE report for me to perform taxes at the end of the year, as well as create the year-end reports that I need to distribute.

Let me know if it is possible or if I need to stick with Quicken.

Thanks!

Michael.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 12 Sep, 2009 03:34 PM

hi Michael

I am sorry I have not responded sooner.

I think the report that will best meet your needs is the "detailed income and expense" report. I have included two screen shots. The first shows the setting I believe are needed to create the report you are looking for and the second shows the output. I create some account s based on your description and some dummy transactions. In order to select multiple accounts for the report click on the drop down that says "All Categories" and change it to "Selected Categories". You can then select multiple categories by clicking on the first one you want and then holding down shift while clicking onthe last one you want.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2010 01:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac