trying MoneyDance

rdlsmith

13 Sep, 2009 02:53 AM

I made a direct connect to my bank after importing from quicken and downloaded two new transactions. Then I deleted them to see if I could get them back. No problem. Then I deleted two transactions that were older. Those I can't get back.

How do I set the account download date to include those older transactions?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by rdlsmith on 13 Sep, 2009 03:30 AM

I was able to create a new "temp" account and download to that, then move the two transactions. Hackish I know, but it worked. If there is a way to reset the download date on the actual account, that would be preferred.

2. 2 Posted by Ben Spencer on 13 Sep, 2009 03:59 PM

Hi rdlsmith

When you are in the transaction register for the account you have online banking set up for, select "Setup Online Banking" from the green Online menu. This will bring up the current online configuration for the account. If you click the "Reset Sync" button you should be able to download the deleted transactions again.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

3. 3 Posted by rdlsmith on 14 Sep, 2009 11:49 PM

Thank you Ben Spencer for the response.

In my checking, I tried the Reset Sync thing. The date "Last Updated" was set to 5/15/09. I deleted all after that date. MoneyDance did download again but only starting from 6/17 or so.

Is that Last Updated date not what I think it is? If it is the date from which transactions will be downloaded, how do I change it so that if I only need say the last couple of days, I can do that?

4. 4 Posted by Ben Spencer on 16 Sep, 2009 06:44 PM

Hi rdlsmith

The "Last Updated" date is the date that we last updated the connection information in our financial institution database for this institution. From time to time institutions change their connection information and we find it useful to have a date associated with when we last updated the database. This is not the date from which transactions will be downloaded.

When you make a direct download for the first time Moneydance asks the bank for all transactions they have available for the account in question. Many banks do not make more than 3 months worth of transaction available.

When you make subsequent direct downloads Moneydance asks the bank for transactions since the date of the last downloaded transactions. (plus 3 days of overlap to be sure we don't miss any transactions)

After a "Reset Sync" has been performed the Moneydance download module will request all available transactions (it doesn't specify a specific start and end date).

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac