importing

rdlsmith

13 Sep, 2009 03:46 AM

I imported from a QIF just my checking account. I did this from iBank as I'm testing it out too and have 7800 or so transactions that are new. Please tell me I don't have to select "Record" for every one of them. How do I select them all and register them all at once?

1. 1 Posted by sbourne on 13 Sep, 2009 12:08 PM

If you check "from another application" in the importer dialog, you don't have to confirm the transactions. (It preserves your categories, too, if you're importing from another program.)

2. 2 Posted by rdlsmith on 13 Sep, 2009 03:59 PM

I have the same problem when trying to create a new account and downloading my transactions.

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 13 Sep, 2009 04:06 PM

Hi rdlsmith

Currently when you download transaction from a banks server the software requires that you record each transaction individually. This give you the opportunity to match transactions to those you have manually entered into the register and apply a category. The matching algorithm will also suggest an appropriate category once it has sufficient data to make a suggestion.

When you are importing data from another application such as MS Money or Quicken you can select the "From another program" option. This will remove the individual transaction matching step.

We plan to have a feature in the next release of Moneydance (MD2010) that will allow transactions to be downloaded from a bank in a single step without the need to approve each one. MD2010 will be out before then end of '09 and will be a free upgrade to all users who bought MD2008.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac