Creating transactions in a Loan account

captainjrl

13 Sep, 2009 09:03 PM

I have he need to create a monthly transaction in one of my loan accounts besides the payment. The transaction will increase the balance. Is there a way to do that? I was able to in MSMoney and that is about the only thing since I switch a few days ago that is holding me back from being completely free of MS Money.

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 14 Sep, 2009 03:39 PM

Hi

While you cannot create transactions from within the loan account register you can create a from another account/category register and select the loan account as the category. For example if you wanted to increase the loan and use an expense category called "Loan Increase" first create the expense category by Selecting Tools->"Edit Categories" , Click the New button and create the category. You can then double click the "Loan Increase" expense category in the list of categories and bring up its transaction register. Then enter a transaction as shown in the screen shot. Selecting the Loan account as the category for the transaction and entering the amount in the Increase column.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by captainjrl on 15 Sep, 2009 03:59 AM

Is there a way to setup a reminder for that type of transaction?

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 15 Sep, 2009 02:55 PM

Yes. Right click on the transaction in the register and select Memorize.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac