Mac/Quickbooks/Check Writing

Bonnie Mariea

14 Sep, 2009 07:53 PM

First, is moneydance compatible with a mac? Can I transfer my checkbook from Quickbooks 2008? Does moneydance have a print option for those checks that have to be printed?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 14 Sep, 2009 08:26 PM

Hi Bonnie

Moneydnace does indeed work on a mac.

Quickbooks data files are a problem not only for Moneydance but for all personal finance management software including Quicken. The standard for moving data between personal finance management software is the QIF (Quicken Interchange Format). Unfortunately Quickbooks cannot write to this format and their native file format is propietary and cannot be read y other applications. There are tools that exist that convert Quickbooks data to QIF however the most popular one is $49. Reading the wikipedia entry on the QIF format there is a section on converting Quickbooks data to QIF using a report and and Excell macro. Here is the link to the wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format

Look at the section "Export Hacks for QuickBooks: exporting to QIF" From the looks of things this is not a straight forward process. It is also something I have no experience with and is outside the scope of Moneydance support.

If you want to get away from Quickbooks, although inconvenient, it might be better to just start a fresh with a new data file.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac