How do I view all the transactions assigned to a category?

davidnlisa90

19 Sep, 2009 06:56 PM

I just converted my Quicken data over to Money Dance. How can I view (and then edit) all the transactions assigned to a category? I am trying to edit my categories down to only the ones I use.

I previously used Microsoft Money - for about 4 years. I had to convert to Quicken a couple of months ago since Microsoft does not make Money anymore. Both of these programs I used on a PC. Now I am on a Mac Mini.

When I used Money I could produce an income and expense report using all or selected accounts, all or selected dates, and all or selected categories. When I viewed that report I could double click on a category and all the transactions would appear and I could then edit them.

Is this possible in Money Dance?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Sep, 2009 09:29 PM

Hi David

To view and edit all the transactions assigned to a category:

Select Tools->"Edit Categories".

Double click on the category you are interested in to bring up the transaction register for that category.

You can edit the transaction from here.

Note that when you look at the transaction register for a category you are lokoing at the transaction from the perspective of the category. So in this view the category column will be the account that initiated the transaction. Categories are essentially accounts like any other account.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac