MD 2009 status

John Selden

22 Apr, 2009 07:44 PM

It would be really helpful if the developers could provide an update on what is going on with MD 2009. Either a target date for when it will be released, or at least a list of new features and bug fixes we can expect in the new version. Now that we're about two months past the originally targeted release date, couldn't you share some more information with us?

1. 1 Posted by Brian Adler on 02 May, 2009 02:20 PM

John, I can't offer you a specific release date. We are hard at work on it. I will speak with Sean, our developer about compiling a list of new features/bug fixes we are planning in the final version.

2. 2 Posted by Steve on 14 May, 2009 04:34 PM

I know you have no specific release date, but how about a general time frame of the next release. Should I be checking every day to see if the new release is available, or would I be better off checking once a month? Or maybe which quarter it may be released, nothing specific, but just in general. Thanks

3. 3 Posted by Jerry on 16 May, 2009 03:17 PM

I'm dissapointed with the level of communication from the moneydance group. You wonder if they are bussiness. The blog has not been updated since January. By the time the 2009 version is out, the 2010 from the competitors will be out.

jr

4. 4 Posted by Steve on 16 May, 2009 05:09 PM

Well I would differ on that. They have stated on the forum that they are working on the 2009 version. That has been stated numerous times. We are just not sure when in 2009 it will be released. I was just interested in an approximate release date. Like which quarter.

5. 5 Posted by John Selden on 16 May, 2009 05:37 PM

C'mon, out of business? Give me a break, there are employees posting to this forum on an almost daily basis. There's no firm release dates for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or iPhone 3.0 either. Does that mean Apple is out of business?

6. 6 Posted by g on 19 May, 2009 07:47 AM

Jerry -- communication is not a strong point for Moneydance. The same thing happened with the release of Moneydance 2008. At one point they did give an estimated release date, but it wasn't actually released for another 7-8 months and didn't have the features that were promised.

Truth be told, I don't think they (Sean) has a planned release date or roadmap, which is why he is hesitant to share any information. It seems to be a 'what do I feel like coding today' type of operation. My guess is that much of the effort lately has been on playing with the iPhone. It is unfortunate because I feel like there is a lot of potential for this software.

7. 7 Posted by Brian Adler on 19 May, 2009 05:10 PM

Our next release will in fact be the MD for iphone app (coming relatively soon). MD 2009 will be released after that. I apologize I can't give a specific date (It won't be in 2010). We are hard at work on it (MD 2009) though, I promise you.

8. 8 Posted by Brian Adler on 19 May, 2009 05:14 PM

Steve, I wish I could tell you for sure that MD 2009 will definitely be ready for the 3rd quarter but I can't. It will be released before the year is over, though.

9. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2010 10:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

29 Oct, 2020 08:11 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:08 PM
29 Oct, 2020 08:00 PM