entering transactions on Android App

David Long

23 Nov, 2019 09:25 AM

When I enter a transaction in an account which is not in my base currency, there is no currency translation to my base currency for reporting purposes. The only way I can overcome this is by entering the exchange rate on my PC when the transaction has synchronized.
Is there any other way? This function is very useful for keeping track of expenditure when on vacation overseas.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andrew on 09 Dec, 2019 02:10 PM

Hi David,

We are working on a complete refresh of the Android app that brings it close to the same level of functionality as the desktop app.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

--
    Andrew, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by rkmt on 09 Dec, 2019 03:23 PM

Great to hear that a refresh of the Andoird app is definitely still in the works.
    I am a new user and though I love the desktop program, and have had very few problems moving over from Microsoft Money, the phone app seems very limited.
    I did try installing a beta of the new app, (which seemed to be from quite a while back) but it simply did not work on my phone, it just made zero accounts, and I could no longer see my correct account there at all in Dropbox. I had to revert to the original release. My phone is on the latest Android 10 release, perhaps that's why.
    Very much looking forward to what you come up with in a final version!

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Dec, 2019 05:08 PM

I am not support staff just a user.
    Hi rkmt

There is a bug in the Android beta 2.0. When you first sync all the accounts in the account list are zero. If you look an account the transactions should be OK.
    Close the app, including the app running in the back ground and the reopen the app. Hopefully it should now be OK.
    Bug reported to Sean the software developer.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by rkmt on 09 Dec, 2019 05:56 PM

Hi and thanks derekkent23,
    Have given the beta another go and did as you suggested. In the end I completely reset the Dropbox syncing, then closed the program and finally I could see the right account in Dropbox. Now up and running :)
    It's great that this support forum seems active and engaged,I've learned a few useful things from peoples' posts that I hadn't been aware of.
    I did put in a suggestion that the new android app be able to scan receipts, something that I would find useful, but I know that different people will all have their own ideas. I'm sure that developing the app must be quite a job, but such a good desktop program deserves a good app.
    Anyway, thanks again for your helpful response!

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 09 Dec, 2019 06:56 PM

I am not support staff just a user.
    Hi rkmt

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun.

6. Andrew closed this discussion on 23 Dec, 2019 11:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac