Similarity to Tesco Personal Finance

John Richardson

06 Dec, 2019 11:54 AM

I have for a number of years been using the above which I really like. However, over the years and changes in the windows system has become a little unreliable with crashing at the most inconvenient times.
On looking at the printed guide, I notice it says powered by 'Moneydance'.
Before purchase can you advise if your new (compared with my very old edition) is compatible both in its file extension, that I may import my existing files and more to the point not keep crashing on my W10 computer

Hoping your reply will be favourable.

Regards,
John Richardson

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Dec, 2019 08:08 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I have seen references to this software in these forums and elsewhere.

It is my understanding that this is an old version of Moneydance pre 2011 and uses a .md file extension for the data files.

I have tested importing files that use this older data format into Moneydance 2019 and it worked without problem.

I would suggest you download Moneydance 2019 and us it in Trial mode to test out the upgrade, if you have access to a second computer I would use that otherwise completely backup your existing data and put it in a safe place in case of problems (We see occasional problems with upgrading across so many versions that require a different approach).

The folllowing articles talks about upgrading from older releases, while it uses Moneydance 2017, 2019 is the same process.

If you are happy after your testing you can purchase the software, the license key just unlocks the trial mode limit, which should have no impact on the upgrade process in any case.

2. 2 Posted by John Richardson on 07 Dec, 2019 01:24 PM

Very many thanks for your reply.

I have done as you suggested and indeed it loaded my old md files with no problem so I have since purchased the full version key.

Again many thanks for your very welcomed suggestion.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

3. System closed this discussion on 07 Mar, 2020 01:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac