Income Tax Report

Robert Alexander

24 Jan, 2020 03:41 PM

Is there a report that you would recommend for income tax returns? Something that shows all the totals for itemizing my tax return, such as donations, business expenses etc.?

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 24 Jan, 2020 03:52 PM

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Both the "Income and Expense" and "Income and Expense, Detailed" reports can be used for tax reporting.

I'd recommend using the 'Income and Expense' report, or the 'Income and Expense, Detailed' report.
    Reports are accessible via Tools --> Graphs and Reports, or in the left side bar (below your accounts).

When viewing the report settings, you can choose the accounts to include and you can specify the date range. The date range can be set as longer than just 12 months.

At the bottom of the report settings window, you'll likely see 'All Income' and 'All Expense'. Choose the button to the right of this - "Show: By Individual'. This will display each of your individual categories and you can choose which to include/exclude before generating the report to view your data.

If you have created income and expense categories designated as Tax Related and/or created Transaction Tags referencing taxes, you can use these as criteria for generating reports.

Once you have marked income and expense accounts as Tax Related, you can use the “Only Tax Related” filter in the Income and Expense reports.
    This will allow you to produce reports showing all your tax related items for any time period you choose.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Robert Alexande... on 24 Jan, 2020 04:43 PM

Thanks Maddy. That's what I thought and it will work.

Have a great weekend.

Bob

Robert Alexander

[email blocked]

(419) 944-5323

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 24 Jan, 2020 04:57 PM

You are welcome, Bob!

Have a nice weekend too.

I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. Maddy closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2020 04:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac