Can't find transaction being used for memorized payee category

dbronstein88

25 Jan, 2020 08:19 PM

I know Moneydance pulls the memorized payees from previous transactions. I have several payees where when I am reconciling the downloaded transactions, it keeps defaulting to categories where I cannot find any transactions for those payees with those categories. I always use specific categories for these payees, and when I search on the payee, it only shows transactions with the correct category. I cannot find transactions that have the incorrect category.

For example, when I import one of my credit cards' transactions, payments that I have made are imported as "Electronic Payment" and default to a category of "kids". There does not exist anywhere in Moneydance that I can find a transaction with a payee of "Electronic Payment" and a category of "kids". So this is obviously a bug.

It's incredibly annoying to have to change the category every single time because the app can't figure out that the category I have used literally over 100 times for a payee, and is the only category for that payee in any of my accounts, is not the one it should use. You need to fix this.

1. 1 Posted by dbronstein88 on 25 Jan, 2020 08:41 PM

I have figured out that in at least some of these instances, there were transactions that were entered for these payees with these categories, and they were either updated to other categories or deleted. So it appears it is storing this data somewhere. It's still a bug that needs to be fixed.

2. 2 Posted by dbronstein88 on 01 Feb, 2020 09:11 PM

I guess I posted this in the wrong forum, but the lack of response is a bit frustrating. I posted it in the problems forum so maybe someone will see it there and respond.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 03 Feb, 2020 06:21 PM

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Moneydance contains a feature called "Batch Change", which allows you to make changes to a single transaction, or multiple transactions at once.

Batch Change allows you to make changes to the Description, Check#, Memo, Tags, Category, and Account fields in the register.

For further details about this function, please refer to this article in the Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac